View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 11:37 PM   #567 (permalink)
acparker
EcoModding Apprentice

About the Mazda 5 -- it is not a minivan, except perhaps for mini people. I had a pretty humorous encounter with a Mazda 5 at a dealership a few years ago. I first tried out the driver's seat, then I got out and tried to get in the second row behind the driver's seat. I couldn't get my legs in (I am a long-legged 6'1", with an ample spider-gut), even with the the seat set back all the way. Then I looked back at the 3rd row. There was no legroom at all with the second row seat set back all the way. I don't think you could have even put in a child's car seat. I was laughing so hard by then, I don't think the salesman was very pleased. Needless to way, I didn't take it on a test drive.

I am stuck with the T&C for now. I am still looking for a good city car, as the T&C city mileage stinks (but much better than a full-size SUV). I do plan on getting a trailer hitch for the van. The caravan body style is great for carrying most things, and is rated for about as much as a half-ton pickup (with proper weight distribution), but my wife doesn't want to mess up the interior of this very nice new-to-us T&C. My oldest brother has always put trailer hitches on all his cars, no matter how small. He gets good use out his Harbor Freight trailer, which he has had longer than any car he has now. I think the smallest car he used with his trailer was a Ford Aspire.

Have a Happy New Year!