View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
slogfilet
VX Padawan

VX du Slog - '94 Honda Civic VX
1994 Civic VX - Portland/Vancouver - $1900

Selling my beloved 1994 VX. This is the "special edition" fuel economy model, and it has gotten me an average of 54.7 mpg over the last 10 tanks. I have logged all mileage over the past 8 years at fuelly.com. I am selling because I need a family car with more cargo space and 4 doors. Clean title in hand. 254k miles, so you should know what you're doing.

It has a "lawn edging" front air dam installed, but that can be removed, and I have the original Si/VX lip. The lip is pretty beat up, but could be serviceable.

The good:
Excellent fuel economy
Mpguino fuel computer installed (I'll keep it if you don't want it... it helps IMMENSELY with economy)
Regular maintenance and oil changes
Interior is very nice
Body is in good shape, a few issues
Replaced: head gasket, timing belt, water pump, front rotors/pads, starter, rear passenger bearing/hub
Silicone hoses
Spare parts (gaskets, hoses, fuel filter, rear hub, Honda Service Manual
Original AM/FM cassette player... nobody's going to steal it!
Want a couple quarts of Rustoleum Topside (Marine) and regular Rustoleum to give it a quick and dirty? Free with purchase! Penetrol and rolling supplies f you want to try that method.

The not good:
Needs paint... clearcoat is peeling off, and I had begun to sand it to paint.
Dent in hood from trying to close it with the support still in (I have a straight, clean spare hood that will be included)
Bondo on passenger rear quarter
Some trim is currently removed for paint prep. I have all trim pieces except one side of the windshield.
Input shaft bearing noise
Torn boot on driver's side axle

Car is located in Vancouver, WA, available evenings and weekends. Will get pictures up ASAP. The paint is rough, but it has good bones. I'd really like to have someone keep it in stock form... or aeromod it!

$1900 OBO, no trades.

Last edited by slogfilet; 01-10-2016 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Pics and price