View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #2512 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Did you cycle the 24v power after plugging the current sensor back in the first time? At the moment I don't clear the fault. I just make it do nothing until the 24v power goes off (and back on again).
Well, I REMEMBER cycling the power. I try not to touch any wiring with the power still on. I thought I had remembered that the faults don't clear from an earlier discussion. The 'switch' - that is really a breaker - is cycled on camera. If you watched the video and I missed that step, well ... that's why I take video!

My memory is not nearly as good as it used to be.

The connector on phase U was sitting in place, touching but not 'pushed on'. After the power cycle (when I got the second fault that was still the same) I did not find any connectors out of place that I could identify. That's why I brought up the connector thing.

Further to my comment on the connectors - they are all keyed and they all have the retaining clips. I'm not sure what else can be done there except to have the gaskets and such from the weather-tight connectors .. which will be done when I get an enclosure built .. eventually.

I have had problems with throttle connections on a golf cart/carryall. I had taken everything apart and each thing checks out .. but the resistance is a bit high. Put it all back together and it does not work all of the time. Then it just starts working again. Then it stops again. I'm told that it may be corrosion on the connector pins and female ends.

Does anyone with actual vehicle repair experience (IE not me) have suggestions on some method of making good contact on connectors while having them easily separated for maintenance/trouble shooting? I have heard good things and bad about conductive grease - good, works well, easy to apply and remove .. bad - if you put too much it flows and shorts out pins, attracts dirt, messy

Whatever solution we come up with, I'd like to do that at the same time that I am wiring up the controller, so that this problem is eliminated as much as possible
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (01-08-2016)