View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #2517 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale0502 View Post
Hi thingstodo, i dont know exact your problem but my experience tells me that the corrosion is formed when two dissimilar metals touch, so the solution for me was to always use connectors that are the same metal, and if they are different you must solder it.
Hi ale (is that right?)

The problem had to do with either connectors not-quite-mated, or perhaps a signal out of range due to contact issues .. perhaps not enough pressure, or corrosion, or ???

It was a male connector on the board and a female connector on a pigtail to the current sensor. I think both ends are tinned. Soldering is not an option, since you need to be able to assemble/replace parts. BTW- I use crimp connectors whenever possible. I mess up soldering ... and have had solder wick up into the stranded wire and make for a less flexible connection past the strain relief. I have had failures in cables as far as 6 inches from where the solder was done (let's not discuss HOW MUCH solder I used!). After bending back and forth many times (vibration) the wire just breaks off inside the insulation, where you can't see it. This is *VERY* tough to find.