View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #238 (permalink)
gildo4realdo
EcoModding Lurker

This is my first post but I've been reading ecomodder.com for awhile (just haven't had a reason to post) but now I do have a question. I like the level of detail that Andrew J. has done (I think we should all take a lesson from this) but I want to know some about his driving techniques. I've been thinking about making some skirt/air dam/HAI (probably not unbelt the alternator though) mods like andrews but I really want to know that it's worth the time and effort.

Andrew, have you been doing any extreme driving techniques to get your 60+ mpg tanks (pulse and glide, etc.). I've tried reading through everything to see but you've only made reference to the pulse and glide once that I noticed however I did see where you said your kill switch went out so I was curious.

I just want to know that if these mods are done, I'll get the results you're seeing without have to make drastic changes to driving styles. Although I do realize driving style is very important, I just can't look past the safety hazards of the pulse and glide stuff, so I want to be sure it's not involved with any of the gains you've seen before I set out to make mods to my car.

Thanks for the pictures and data, you and basjoos have really helped document and prove out the benefits of your mods. Detroit can't argue with data.