View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 11:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Andrei_ierdnA
EcoModding Lurker

SmurFITte - '13 Honda Fit LX
90 day: 38.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
SmurFitte.
I like that - I think I will change my car's name now. Thanks for the help guys, and for the pics PaleMelanesian. I hadn't considered that back part of the steering column, only the mid-part which didn't work too well for me because it blocks the view of the car's trip computer display.

At the end of November, on my way home from work one Friday evening, a buck jumped in front of me all of a sudden and I hit him briefly. This was only about 5-6 weeks after getting SmurFitte
Luckily there were no casualties and I'm really glad it wasn't all that bad. I have a dash-cam and here's the video - it was getting dark though, so quality isn't the best:

https://youtu.be/r5UopO8qKGk

And some pictures:

Front view:

And the best pic - a little souvenir - which apparently is the best thing to happen in these cases - proof of deer accident so your insurance rates don't go up next year:

I'm with Belairdirect and everything went very smooth. I'm not considered at fault, they covered the repair and cost of a rental car for about 2 weeks while it was at the car-shop. Had the pay the deductible, but still glad I didn't get hurt or wreak my new car.

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 01-15-2016 at 11:53 PM..