View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Antigrav01
EcoModding Lurker

Cobalt - '07 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
90 day: 30.05 mpg (US)

GS650 Cafe Racer - '83 Suzuki GS650 GL

Randy - '75 Dodge Sportsman RV

SportWagen - '14 Volkswagen SportWagen 2.5 S
90 day: 29.67 mpg (US)
Upgrading to higher trim level features

I have a 2007 Cobalt LS that has absolutely no options or upgrades that I know of. Manual windows, manual side mirrors, manual locks, no cruise control, no traction control, no ABS, no tire pressure monitoring... To be honest, im surprised it has power steering.
I have noticed other Cobalts have more features in their computer display such as instantaneous MPG and tire pressure monitoring. What would I have to do to get those features on my car that isnt aftermarket stuff?

Things like power windows is easy, since all id have to do is buy the right door panel, a power window motor, and do some wiring. Im mainly talking about things computer related. So for example, if I want to see tire pressure or instantaneous MPG in that little display on the dash, would it only be a simple matter of swapping out the computer, wherever that may be? Excluding the obvious additional hardware upgrades. Basically I want to upgrade my LS to an LT or even an SS.

For those who would suggest buying a whole other car, that wouldnt make sense at all. Id lose a lot more money selling it and buying a new one than doing a few upgrades. Plus this thing has been suspiciously reliable for me, so I dont want to risk no longer having that with a car im not familiar with. I plan on keeping this car for as long as it stays alive (or im able to afford a new car), so it makes sense to do some upgrades on it over time. At least im not asking about major engine or transmission upgrades.