View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Antigrav01
EcoModding Lurker

Cobalt - '07 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
90 day: 30.05 mpg (US)

GS650 Cafe Racer - '83 Suzuki GS650 GL

Randy - '75 Dodge Sportsman RV

SportWagen - '14 Volkswagen SportWagen 2.5 S
90 day: 29.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
No ABS in a 2007 car? I thought that ABS has been standard since something like 2000, at least.
Funny enough, I have automatic headlights *shrug*. Unless thats the ONE option that was ticked, I figure it was government mandated. Mandated ABS might have come later, but it does seem weird that it wasnt the other way around. I dont know, maybe someone with car manufacturing law knowledge could chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I do understand wanting to keep a known vehicle, and there is even irrational psychology at play that causes us to value things we own more than things we do not.
My previous car was a Neon that I posted about a long time ago. Had all sorts of problems. Now my current car has had absolutely no major repairs since I got it with only a few minor ones. Got it for really cheap because someone at the dealership accidentally put in my Neon twice for the trade in (score for me!). Even if you're right about it costing more money to upgrade a few things over time, it might be best to just hold off for until I can afford an unused or lightly used car in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
I know you said you didn't want to go aftermarket, but your money would be much better spent getting a Scangauge or Ultragauge that does everything, than adding the factory mileage display.
For accuracy, you're right. The MPG display that I already have in the car not only is 1-3 mpg off, but doesnt read current MPG, only an average since I last reset it (every fill up). Im sure the instantaneous reader will be just as innaccurate, but I just want the car to look as clean and factory as possible rather than have all these clearly aftermarket things cobbled together around the car. I track MPG by using good old fashioned math after each fill up anyway, so my main reasoning for wanting an instantaneous MPG reader is to know how efficiently im driving in the moment not necessarily as an accurate thing to go by. I mean, having something like a Scanguage isnt totally out of the question though.