View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #418 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnonholland View Post
Im trying to write out a 0-5v signal on the UNO pwm pin with the fuel level to go to another ext gauge.
I'm working now on adding this feature to MPGuino. As it stands right now, I've added the necessary hardware-level programming to initialize the two output pins, and I've added two parameters. Of course, it's an optional feature that is configurable from the source program by commenting out a '#define' directive at the start of the code.

Each of the two pins will be configured into a pre-defined mode. The defined modes are as follows:
  • Instant fuel economy worse than current average fuel economy (on/off)
  • Instant fuel economy better than current average fuel economy (on/off)
  • Instant fuel economy worse than tank average fuel economy (on/off)
  • Instant fuel economy better than tank average fuel economy (on/off)
  • Estimated tank fuel consumed (variable 0-5 VDC; 0VDC-empty and 5VDC-full)
  • Estimated tank fuel remaining (variable 0-5 VDC; 0VDC-empty and 5VDC-full)

Longtime supporters/followers of MPGuino will recognize that the first 4 listed modes will enable my fork of MPGuino to emulate the Red/Green LED hack mentioned on the MPGuino code hacks page, where a red LED was set up to light if instant fuel economy was worse than tank average fuel economy, and a green LED was set up to light if instant fuel economy was better than tank average fuel economy.

The remaining two modes should work for amnonholland. They enable the MPGuino hardware to generate a variable 0-5VDC signal, which is suitable as an analog input into a electrical gauge.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
ECONORAM (01-26-2016), Felar (01-18-2016)