View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Antigrav01
EcoModding Lurker

Cobalt - '07 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
90 day: 30.05 mpg (US)

GS650 Cafe Racer - '83 Suzuki GS650 GL

Randy - '75 Dodge Sportsman RV

SportWagen - '14 Volkswagen SportWagen 2.5 S
90 day: 29.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Could it be that the reason for this is because you do not have any extras?
Well, im talking about major things like engine and transmission. I have had to replace the turn signal switch, a couple bulbs, something to do with the rear left drum brake, and im thinking something else thats minor, but I forget. Theres a knocking sound coming from either the steering column or the suspension (or both?) when I go over bumps at low speed, but that'll really be it. Meanwhile my Neon I had kept getting stuck in second gear (automatic) on both a used transmission and the original, inspection failing rust, plus head gasket issues, wouldnt pass emissions and who knows what else. Thats the kind of thing im worried about, not minor and expected things that will inevitably need fixed or something electrical that theoretically shouldnt need fixed for as long as I have the car.

But anyway, if itll cost that much to upgrade to higher trim level features, I guess its probably not worth it. Just have to be patient and save my money. Stock power windows on the other hand... May not be a necessity, but its sure convenient when I do need it.