View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Turtle

Working on drilling the rest of the holes this morn.

There was one that there was no way to get a punch or anything else in, as it is tucked right up against the bulge in the case from the diff. The hole just barely comes out the back side there. Had to figure a way to accurately mark it, and after some head scratching, I came up with this:

A piece of electrical tape, placed roughly where the hole would be, then the transmission lowered carefully in to exact alignment, clamped/bolted down tight, and viola, it left an impression on the tape. The hard hole turned out to be one of the best aligned.

Still need to find more hardware to fill all the bolt holes, but I had 3 sturdy bolts in place to hole it in alignment, so it was time for a test.

Dang, I could barely lift it on to my bench! Must be approaching 200lbs all together, about the same as the old engine & trans, together.

I think that I'm over the hump...motor/trans/adapter/hub is the single hardest part of this project. Now I need to test it for fit and see if I'm going to cry until I can find 4 cylinder mounts and such or not.

I'll remain optimistic...looking forward to that test fit!