View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
dann_04
EcoModding Lurker

EP3 - '03 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)

Scooter - '93 Honda Elite 80
90 day: 74.87 mpg (US)

Ape - '07 Aprilia Sportcity 250ie
90 day: 66.97 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steensn View Post
Slip Control (ABS) integration expert here. You ABS or ESC system will not work in accesory mode at all. If you key the car back into ignition without turning the car on the ABS module will turn back on. It should not activate at all, but you could have a faulty module, probably Advics or Bosch who's failsafing is jacked up. If you think it is doing it while the car is in acc then you are mistaking it for something else.
I'm not sure what manufacturer made the abs components on this car, guessing honda because they are still stock. I know it is the abs system because that is the only thing that feels like that on the brake pedal, it is like a turning gear is hitting the brake pedal and causing that very familiar vibration through it. I am wondering if it is the self check system as i believe on this car it does an abs self check a certain amount of time after the car is turned on, and if i turn it off and then back into the on position then it would theoretically reset the circuit and run another self check and perhaps i am braking sometimes when it is self checking? I mean the abs should be working when the ignition is in the on position correct? The eps does a reset and then works, the air bags work, the radio works, the speedo works, why would the abs and ebd be the only electrical systems not to function after the circuit is reset?