Thread: Into the Ether
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Once I got a warning from the admins that a post (in their lounge) had been considered offensive by someone. Someone had been sad that a world figure had retired. I said "His biggest legacy was concealing horrific crimes. I guess that got too strenuous. Anyone at all in their system would be better in that job." And I was being offensive? I logged out and never went back. Pity.
That is my biggest gripe about forums; when the mods are too sensitive to discussion. People don't have to participate in threads or discussions that they are either not interested in, or too emotional to have a rational discussion, so threads should mostly be allowed to evolve without much external influence. While ad hominems are cause for a warning, simply disagreeing with something, or seeing things from a different philosophical perspective is no reason to sensor a subject.

People need thicker skin, not a padded white room where they are never exposed to anything that disturbs their fragile sensibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
here, within the focus of Ecomodder, we're all one big, happy family.
Someone here told me to "go to hell" (which I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often). I suppose some families are like that. At least they felt comfortable enough to bluntly express their feelings towards me.

It doesn't bother me, and I wouldn't even want a mod to warn someone for saying that. I'd rather know the limits of a person's ability to approach a subject reasonably rather than emotionally.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!