View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Vajra
EcoModding Lurker

Greetings guys! Thanks for the replies. Yup, I tried everywhere locally and no one carries anything 1x2 in a good 12 ft length. No one I know is willing to rip a 2x4 for me except my brother, his saw is currently blocked in. Don't ask... all I had to do was go there to see the wall of stuff that isn't his. So PVC it is... I know I can get a nice curve out of it so not to worried. I do have a way to measure the points, I just have to use a chop saw and some 1x4s to make a bed rail mount area. Although, a co-worker/engineer told me he feels if I was to use 3/16 aluminum, once cut to shape, it would make a good surface for the "clamps" to attach to the truck bed rails. So who knows. I still plan on using foam insulation for the shape and some of it for "insulation". I am looking at having a jointed area with the hatch locking down into the frame for it, followed by a window hatch to serve as a camper. I do plan on vents, possibly side windows. I have strong arms (like a good dozen) I could use for the main hatch.

ChazInMT you amaze me. I couldn't get that out of MS word, never mind Corel Paintshop Pro Cx4. This weekend, I will try to get you photos. I have a nice 12MP Canon SX50IS that I love to use, as well as a tripod that gets up to almost 5.5" maybe a tad more. You want that picture at 200 feet away? I can do that, should weather permit. I can get any other distance, side, etc. Let me know what you want, and I will do my best to get it for you! I'd love to see what you could do with it. Thanks for the information you provided. The curve looks very good, even better on a better photo! You must have some very good editing skills!

Home early from class, just lecture and no lab tonight! Got my homework done and I get some extra Zzzzz's. -Vajra