View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #49 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Care to cite a source for this misinformation?
Instead of arguing with me I have a low mile truck for sale, pick it up and buy it, tired of nickle and dime...

Hmm, lets see, my 2001 Dodge Ram Crewcab 1500 V8 2wd auto is effectively a clone of his van.

I know someone else who owns my same truck but in stripper mode with a manual transmission, 2wd, etc.

His truck has always gotten around 20mpg even around town, my truck driving like grandma 40-50mph could never beat 18mpg in the summer on longer trips without extremely impractical hypermiling tricks and even then I usually only gained a mpg. In the city on shorter trips I was lucky to break 12mpg, while his stayed about the same. His truck has around 180,000 miles, mine now has 80,000.

Add to this

I had to have my transmission partially rebuilt at 40,000 miles, only $650 but still irritating (aka the repair place was amazed my tranny wasn't junk because it would stay in whatever gear was selected, so if it was in OD, it stayed that way all the time even at a stop sign, me being the intelligent person I am recognized this and shifted it like it was a manual until I could have it repaired. Most owners apparently just stomp on it cause it doesn't go and take out the xmsn.

I have never owned a vehicle that had to have the transmission touched at 40000 miles, that even includes the terrible 700r4 GM put behind its diesels in the 80's.

Add to this Dodges transmissions of that era are one of the least efficient 4 speeds on the market, the real need for cooling on dodge transmissions is a good sign that the heat is being made from something, and that something is inefficiency.

And Saying that the 3speed dodge transmissions are ANYTHING like the 4speed is a joke. The 4th gear is so weak you cant tow in it and you have to be carefull. If you know this and the fact that the electronics fail you can work around it but still, my Dodge ownership has been one of the worst experiences, I have to constantly replace a blasted $50 metal gasket because the damn thing leaks, I keep having seals go, the front end sticks and will need some sort of replacement at 75k. The interior is deteriorating and falling apart, I won't have a dash soon.

I can go on, never had any of this crap before.

Total Garbage.

Last edited by rmay635703; 02-04-2016 at 07:21 PM..