View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Zach
EcoModding Lurker

Veloster - '12 Hyunda Veloster Base
Team Hyundai
90 day: 40.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Blocking excessive grille opening will have a bigger effect than closing up seams. I'm sure you know you need a way to monitor coolant temps to ensure you don't go too far for your typical driving loads.

---

Does your car have a "manual" shift mode?

I've often found that you can get an automatic to upshift SOONER using manual mode than the default automatic programming permits. That will help as well.
Thanks Metro for the response. I actually mocked up a grill block with cardboard and I am not sure if it is making a huge difference or not. I do have a bluetooth OBD2 connector + Android app to monitor temps.

Yes my car has the manual shift mode and I have been using the exclusively. I actually achieved 41.7MPG on this past tank, my record is 41.9

Something I need to test out after this tank is if it is better to neutral coast or DFCO coast. I will test it out on a full tank. I still need to research on here which is better as someone on the Veloster forum stated the instant MPGs I see when neutral coasting are inflated because it is idling.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zach For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (02-05-2016)