View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 10:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Andrewhans
Studying Brick economics

Tahoe - '04 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
90 day: 12.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I have seen plenty of 4L60E and 4L80E transmission vehicles be flat towed over the years.

My diesel also has hydro boosted brakes and I EOC and brake all the time.

My air dam is about 5 inches and some one else on here has an air dam on here made from a rock conveyer that is 3/4 inches off the ground, its a full size red truck and I cant remember the guys user name.
The lower part of my air dam is made from lawn edging and takes a beating but that's is by design. It is easy to replace.
That's good to know!

I won't be doing anything involving lawn edging as looks are still very important to me. I think I read about the red truck on this site. Pretty impressive actually. I don't want to scrape on everything which with my lowering kit happening soon I may have enough of a problem as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Just a note on this: are you familiar with DFCO (deceleration fuel cut-off)?

Depending on whether you're actually trying to slow down or whether you're just trying to coast, staying in gear is sometimes advantageous, depending on how your Tahoe handles it.
I would love to do this and I will be asking my tuner to add this to my ECU update. The Tahoe currently doesn't do it though.