View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 01:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
dfeldt91
EcoModding Apprentice

Mazda 3 - '06 Mazda 3 iTouring
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
If you are getting a popping sound during a sharp turn then you likely have a torn CV boot and the CV joint is full of water, dirt and other junk that should not be in there with those bearings.
Thanks for the input! I will check it out tomorrow. I noticed after swapping wheels that it stopped doing it. I am leaning more towards the struts being loose on top because the symptoms went away after reseating them. I did replace the CV axle at 2 in the morning on the side of the highway coming back from the coast not too long ago so it is possible that something wasn't done correctly or something has since been damaged. I'll give it a good inspection tomorrow and report back.

Things to do tomorrow: Clean car, remove clothes - fuel can - fishing gear - car parts - etc from the back. Then I get to lower the front 3 inches and the rear two inches. Then it is time for an alignment and a new set of shoes. I might go to the junkyard and buy two sets of tires with different diameters to test out how smaller wheels vs stock vs the larger wheels I just removed impact the fuel economy.