View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
One of my friends used to randomly talk to me throughout the week. Many times she would call me while waiting for food, and then claim that she almost never ate out.

Waiting at the drive-through is boring!

Quote:
"I wanted to tell you that I am dating someone.
Sorry I haven't talked to you much. Just going to focus on the new relationship. Hope everything is going well for you. We'll have a great night."
Does that sound scripted to anyone?

What I thought was weird was she always acted like she was the mature one that made good decisions.

I love my car, but she needs plenty of work. As far as I know, I still have a periodic CEL. Between that and the rattling at acceleration, I need to check my exhaust again. Perhaps a heat shield is loose. Maybe I have an exhaust leak. If not, then I will need to live with it, because the next option is a bad computer, and I am not spending $1000 on my car to fix an annoyance!

My driver's window does not go all of the way up and I am missing the trim pieces on the inside of both mirrors. I am not sure what other mechanical issues there are. Eventually, I want to paint her white. I think she is a beautiful car, but I have a bent fender, scratches on the passenger door, and the paint is crazed. Also, black is horrible in Arizona! Painting an old car is definitely smarter than replacing the computer!

This is my friend's car:

It is ten years older than mine and was probably in worse shape when she bought it, but I doubt that she had a trustworthy mechanic inspect it. To the best of my knowledge, she only fixes her car when it breaks down, and she rear-ended someone.

Having an old car is not necessarily bad, but when you spend your money on shoes, clothes, and cell phones, while driving your car into the ground and other vehicles, I think it shows horrible priorities.

People do consider cars to be a status symbol. If you have a new car, it appears that you can afford it. If you drive a wreck, it appears that you cannot afford better.