Thread: Hi from the UK
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
ecoxantia
EcoModding Apprentice

Fizz - '06 Skoda Fabia Combi
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 56.62 mpg (US)
Yes, that's the car - or at least the Mk1 version. Mine has a slightly different grille, A/C, more airbags - and more weight. They all feature hydropneumatic suspension - amazingly effective but it does mean engine-off coasting is not possible. Don't really want to lose suspension, brakes and steering...

What would be better than the faux notchback? Simply filling in the triangle between the top of the roof and the boot lip?

Just discovered the MPGuino - looks good. I know some have had no luck using ELM devices. At least I get something to play with if it won't work with my car...

Simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Hi Simon - welcome to the forum.

The ScanGauge is an excellent tool, or you could build your own MPGuino, if you're the DIY sort.

Is this your car?

Seems like they could have made the aerodynamics even better if they'd not gone for the "faux notchback" look!

I was just having a conversation about Citroens with my neighbour a couple of hours ago. (He's been stopping by regularly to chat, watching the progress on my Kammback construction.) There was one in town today for a bit car show - probably a 70's DS - and he commented on its apparently good aerodynamics.

Darin