View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
silverfox
EcoModding Lurker

I am going to like this place

Hello everyone, i just joined a couple of days ago (took a couple of days to figure out how to post). I am retired, live in southern Illinois, been bored to tears since they "put me out to pasture",. Spent over 20 years as a mechanic (primarily in the motorcycle industry) until i got enough education to teach school. I am very impressed with what i see some of you guys doing - makes me feel like a kid of 60 again - I have a couple of motorcycles laying around that are just begging to be turned into EV (electric vehicles) or would that be EM (electric motorcycles). I still have my tools and my knowledge just don't have the body that i used to have - can't lift anything much heavier than a gallon of milk - took me a couple of days to change the water pump on my ford but i just stay with it and plug along. I have a Kawasaki GPZ 550 that i think will make a good platform so i will be bugging you guys about motors and controllers and stuff like that <vbg>
Once again let me say i am very impressed with you guys, reminds me of a bunch of people i knew back in the early 1950's (only difference is we did not call it "modding" back then - it was called "hot rod" same difference only we were after power and performance - not mileage)