View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 AM   #117 (permalink)
kimer6
EcoModding Apprentice

Overposted???? HECK NO!!!!!

The fuel solenoid....has 2 coils...one is a strong pull-in unit and the other is a weaker unit that holds it in place. Yours might be wired backwards. Key ON should energize the HOLD magnet. The starter should energize the PULL-IN coil only during cranking. Maybe check amp draw to decide which is which? Heavier amps for the pull-in coil. If the pull-in coil stays energized too long it will burn out. Don't ask how I found out. Kubota solenoid cost many wampum $$$. Dodge/Cummins fuel solenoid cost $27 off eBay so I put one on my Perkins diesel in my Tollycraft boat to get rid of the cable operated fuel stop and just use the key.

I have several Racor units on my toys. The see through fuel bowl kind I like the best. Older GM 6.2 diesel units are good and have water drain, air vents, electric water contamination indicator, cheap to but but no visual bowl.

My last week project (picture) was to scratch build the 40 gallon diesel fuel tank for my Onan 7.5KW 3 cylinder diesel gen set. Is that using the same Racor filter that you ordered? The see thru bowl and drain are very useful. It has the similar costly pull-in and hold-in fuel solenoid. It also uses Firestone air bag motor mounts, snowmobile fuel gage, LED light inside the fuel tank and one for the fuel gage. I suspect its a Kubota, 1991 vintage, but there are no markings. I will look at my Yanmar and see if they are the same.

Keep up the good work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160203_191746 - Copy.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	19640  
The Following User Says Thank You to kimer6 For This Useful Post:
user removed (02-15-2016)