View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #89 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
water methanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I am going to try and run regular gas because the price difference between RUG and premium now in NM is like 30 cents per gallon.
Then since we already know RUG and 11.1 to 11.3ish to 1 compression should go together find just driving down the road, but will never get along under high load I am going to fix the problem WWII style with water methanol injection. Hopefully a manifold vacuum switch and proximity sensor on one of the carb linkages is all the instrumentation I will need to turn the water methanol on and off.

Everything is at the machine shop. They should be able to at least get the cylinders bored this week.
I knocked out all the freeze plugs and pressure washed the bare block. They were very happy with this.
Then I will go over there or pick the block up and fit the file fitted rings. That could take all day. The machine shop doesn't want to waste time doing little things like this, they have bigger fish to fry like 50L 16 cylinder train engines and such. I am assuming they are train engines since the nearest navigable water way is at least 1,000 miles away.
We used to mix 'ADI' overseas,for the Douglas A-1E Skyraiders.It was only used at takeoff,the rest jettisoned in flight.
We used demineralized water exclusively.I don't know how critical this is but wanted to mention it.