View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
broski499
EcoModding Apprentice

Boltar - '19 Chevy Bolt LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Need more info. How are you determining MPG (hand calculated, or from the guess-o-meter)? If you are using the guess-o-meter, it makes guesses based on Trip A miles driven. If you haven't reset Trip A miles since returning from your trip, it is factoring in your excellent fuel economy from the trip along with your normal around town driving.

Wearing in new tires and warmer weather will certainly help MPG.

I'd attribute the gain less to your foot than to other factors, unless you have been using the left pedal less than normal after the trip. In my Prius, it seems to matter less how I accelerate, and more that I keep my speed down and anticipate stops and slowdowns.
I'm using an Ultragauge and also comparing it to the Prius's built in system. When I actually plug in my MPG data on the fuel log I'm logging miles, gallons, cost.

I got the car in October of 2014 and have entered every tank since. I have never seen the car get this high of an average around town with normal driving.

I did reset since my last trip, got gas the day I got home so my long trip is not being factored into my current 50mpg avarage.