View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #128 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Hey Redneck,

Thanks for checking in.

I have had the Centurion Since mid June and been basically just purchasing parts. What I would like to do this year is completely strip the frame apart and get it sandblasted and painted. Then start rebuilding it from the ground up replacing all hardware, bushings, shocks, springs etc.. The body paint selection will have a matte black finish with Kubota Orange with white for trim. The frame I will most likely paint white so I can easily spot leaks in the future! I will also be painting the engine orange and use black piping. I have also found some really sweet Centurion decals I am going to use for Eco-Bling

For quite a few months I was really considering turning it into a 3 wheeler but backed out of that thought I think CJ will be happy about this I think the changes and upgrades I will be making to this Centurion is enough and its better to just do a 3 wheeler from scratch anyhow.

The other day I finally heard back from a company who can make me a custom carbon fiber drive shaft so that was really good news. It took me a while to find somebody that would and could do it at a price that was worth it. This will be the next big purchase for team Centurion

I also was able to hunt down a supplier for aluminum rear differentials which will save a pretty good amount of weight. I have also been playing with my own custom composite swing spring design. When I am done I hope this will help better tame the jacking effect. This will definitely help lighten the load substantially in the back if nothing else. I also figured out the clutch and flywheel setup for the 2 cylinder this took a little brain power lol :-) I also found a supplier for the continental 125/80 R 13 eCONTACT 65M tires to fit my 13 X 3.5 wheels. These tires are Low Rolling resistance and really light weight they should help a little bit with MPG.

So this year I will focus on cleaning up the Frame and purchasing more parts for the rebuild. Nothing glorious but progress is progress and for me it comes in spurts as I am super picky about things. It takes me a while to fully commit but once I do I am all in. If I did not have 3 teenagers and other major costs this project would get done faster but I unfortunately have to be patient on this one

The next updates you will see will be the frame blasting and painting. This will probably happen in the summer. Then I will begin putting together pics of the rebuild with all my mods
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenHornet For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (02-29-2016), redneck (02-29-2016)