Thread: Bought a LEAF
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
dremd
EV OR DIESEL

FarFarfrumpumpen - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS Premium

Quorra - '12 Tesla Model S P85
Send a message via AIM to dremd
Quote:
Originally Posted by paconassa View Post
Answering to the first post:

- Lower the car by 20mm (www pro4x net ) 3% extra miles, tested
Man, I've lowered so many cars that I'm pretty much over it unless someone knows of a way to remove spacers or the like so I could keep stock springs / dampers / bushings I'm going to keep the current height. I'm also not sure that the improvement would be as good on a car that already has a near full under tray

Quote:
Answering to the first post:
- Front and rear wheel cover - 6% lower Cd possible (publications lib chalmers se/records/fulltext/133661 pdf , pages 21-29)
That is my next mod (first was headlight that allowed me to see at night and happened to save some watts) I haven't decided if I'm going to use .040 Aluminum or .080 (the 2 common thickness in my shop) yet, but it is going to happen.

Does anybody have a good setup for plugging the access hole for the tire valve stem?

Quote:
- Smoother, continous bellypan ( www nissanusa com/content/dam/nissan/vehicles/2016/leaf/colors-photos/exterior-photos/2016-nissan-leaf-undercarriage-large jpg)
I would like to to do something to cover the rear axle beam, but I'm not sure that is going to happen. It is pretty decent under there, but there is some room for improvement.

Quote:
PS- I'm going to get a Leaf as well

Sorry for the links, lurker since 2009, first post!!!
SWEET, I really love the car, and as mentioned elsewhere everybody likes the car, I even had a Brodozer driver impressed by it at a local meet.

Gone 2013 Nissan LEAF SV
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
6 speed ALH TDI Swapped in to a 2003 Jetta Wagon
The Following User Says Thank You to dremd For This Useful Post:
paconassa (03-04-2016)