View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #373 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I had set the PI loop to a slow, conservative setting (about half of what it could be). Also, I had made a change to the "field weakening" where I allowed IdRef and IqRef to be chopped way down as soon as it it the voltage ceiling. I had been messing around with it, and then I forgot to change it back. So, it was the equivalent of a super bouncy ball when hitting the voltage boundary rather than a mushy not-so-bouncy ball bumping into the voltage boundary. I'm gong to make it more mushy. haha. That effect didn't show its ugly head in the induction case. My guess is because there's a load on this motor, due to the gears spinning, whereas there was no load for the AC motor, so it didn't bother to slow down when its super bouncy ball did the bouncing (to put it technically. haha)

I had made a mistake when I was cutting and pasting stuff all over the place in the code, so the RPM kept saying 53,000. haha. I found out that I had forgotten to save oldPosition, so it was just garbage. I spun it by hand, and now RPM works. I'll test it again tonight if I get the chance, to see the top speed, and change the boundary mush factor. I"m going to coat the voltage boundary in cream of wheat. Then I'll mix in a little butter, and also some sugar on the top, so it looks really shiny, and then I'll eat the sugar off the boundary, leaving the cream of wheat, ensuring that it is very mushy when things bump into it.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 03-03-2016 at 06:20 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPaulHolmes For This Useful Post:
e*clipse (03-03-2016), NeilBlanchard (03-04-2016)