View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
GO FOR IT!

Just booked a rental on air miles. 1500 air miles is about $150 per week .. not sure how long your trips are. 6 times per year is under $1000, which is less than insurance up here.

We don't have EV service close (Saskatoon, Canada). Local nissan dealer sells used leafs but has not dished out the cash to equip the shop and train their techs.

So .. if a leaf needs service and is not fully charged, I'd have to trailer it 100 miles to a dealer. That's an issue.

GM dealer that sells the Volt is a crook, and has been for years. He'll happily replace the whole car one piece at a time .. and he has done that several times to others .. rather than do actual troubleshooting .. while your car doesn't work.

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him for service. So the volt is out.

No other options besides build my own - and that's what I'm doing.
If you hadn't mentioned where you live I'd have guessed were live in the same town. Far away Nissan dealer, terrible GM dealer, etc.

Yes, one of the problems for me is that if I ever need to take it to a dealer it would be about 200 miles to one with the equipment to do it. But my brother has a truck and trailer.

As far as range goes, I need to go only some 10 miles per day, max. Maybe once in a while 20. I could maybe go once a year to a close by town that's 30 miles away (but there's a free bus to that town, so why would I have to drive there?) Were have a really small town. The problem is the cold. But I can't see the cold making a leaf get less than 10 miles range.