View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

I don't know your skill level, but . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybuck View Post
Thanks guys for the responses! The Cummings swap would be neat, but so much money out. This is just a work vehicle, not a DREAM vehicle. I'm INTO cars!
I'll stay with what I have for now, keeping it simple (KISS), and will probably refresh the radiator, get a better trans cooler, give it a pleasant paint job ( in my whole life, I've not ever had a vehicle completely repainted) Travel expenses to be covered by customers.
. . . mechanical 12v Cummins swaps are not overly hard or expensive especially since you can find numerous Dodge Cummins pickups with bodies beyond repair for a few thousand. I picked one up a while back to strip all the engine/trans/running gear to put under an old Dodge B350 van behind the shop. The pickup was a junker but ran perfectly fine. I paid just under 4000 dollars, sold what I didn't use and ended up with a 1200 dollar conversion. Of course I have considerable resources in metal design and fabrication but there is a whole community of Cummins users out there to help you out.