View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 10:11 PM   #2615 (permalink)
tajman
EcoModding Lurker

Just have to say I admire the dedication and teamwork

First of all I apologize in advance for the long post but this thread (I read it all) is a very intriguing read. The unfolding drama of the controller being revised to perfection was enthralling! I feel I should be a few IQ points higher just from lurking but whether or not that's true I don't know.

To Paul: I greatly admire your dedication to this project even through some very challenging personal times I saw in your posts and your commitment to keeping the development open. I can type "Great Job!" but it feels like an understatement. I read the entire thread because I wanted to fully understand what was involved. I still don't understand many (many^(a gazilion)) things fully but I can see a lot of work went into this so far. Congratulations on these accomplishments!

thingstodo: Man, I thoroughly enjoyed your testing! The videos are really good, but I actually enjoyed your writing more! It was like you and Paul were the heroes in a novel and the inverter/motor the antagonist - their integration being the challenge to overcome. I was binge reading in the preliminary testing phases because stopping felt like I was at a cliff-hanger. Note: It ain't so bad getting old - It seems you've helped this project along immensely (forgetful or not)

It's great to see the camaraderie among the posters (or should I say team?) with ideas and contributions being thrashed out.

I signed up on this forum exclusively because of this thread. I came to it via the Instructables project Paul posted. I couldn't find the links to the project files and started searching (relentlessly) for it. You see, I've embarked upon a personal mission to do an EV conversion. However in counting the costs, an EV conversion with available commercial products would be the cost of new car in my patch of the globe. So I started looking at what can be done to reduce my costs. The controller (well electronics on the whole), motor and battery pack are the major costs. Obviously the search for alternative (read cheaper) controller brought me here.

Paul, I was able to get controller code from Github but wanted to know are you willing to make the PCB designs available? I would like to find out if I can get the boards done locally - I would like to source as many components as I can locally to avoid (what I anticipate to be) high import costs.

Also, is there still a way to contribute to the development? I saw there was a donation link very early in the thread but it doesn't seem functional anymore.

Tarquin.
The Following User Says Thank You to tajman For This Useful Post:
Thalass (03-11-2016)