View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
dfeldt91
EcoModding Apprentice

Mazda 3 - '06 Mazda 3 iTouring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
If you do remove the pulley, please consider an A-B-A. We are exceedingly fond of them here, but I am not sure many of us have actually tested it. I forgot to and removed the pump and lines, so it is really late for me to try A-B-A testing. If you look at Power steering delete - EcoModder, only three members gave test data, so if you take this step, please add it to the table!
I totally forgot about it so I will have to run back to the auto parts store to grab a shorter belt after measuring. If only I could find some string to measure with now, lol. I'm not sure if the car has power steering at highway speed. You have to put a little effort into it when driving crooked highways. Well, I mean it has some power steering help but I think it has an electric valve or something that controls how much it helps. Possibly VW already thought of trying to squeeze MPG out of it, or maybe I'm just wrong and have little girly arms, hahah.

Also, weather is kind of stormy and cruddy here right now so I will have to reinstall the pulley and do the testing in week or so when it is nice.

As for adding to the Wiki, I will do my best to remember!

Done today:
Replaced Camshaft Chain Tensioner. No More Rattle! It's throwing a P0010 engine code now though. I switched to a new Camshaft Position Sensor so I m thinking it just doesn't recognize the new part and needs to be reset. No engine light though. Performance is as good as it was before jsut without the rattle so I don't think the code is going to kill the engine if I drive it but will switch back to old sensor and recheck. Maybe it isn't the same sensor or is defective.

Last edited by dfeldt91; 03-16-2016 at 03:29 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to dfeldt91 For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (03-16-2016)