View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
Retired My Camaro

Guess I have been putting off officially parking my last muscle car.

I filled it up last June and that tank lasted it till May of this year. So really if you add up a cost per mile it was pretty nuts. Insurance for the year was 1200$ and taxes/license prob $100. Add in the tank of gas for $50 and that 155 miles got pretty expensive. $8 a mile seems a bit much to me.

So the car is now parked along the back wall of my garage with the rest of my collection of cars that I need to do something with. It's only problems right now are a very sick transmission that didn't like doing a 11 second quarter mile and a rear end that probably will only last slightly longer than the trans. If I get the car back on the road it will need both of them replaced with much stronger units probably within 1000 miles. The other cars in my garage are a 78 Spitfire(sister's car), 80 Camaro, 86 CJ-7, 94 Mustang, and my Coyote X kit car.

So now I guess I offically join the slow lane since I no longer have a licensed car that can do well over 100mph without being dropped out of a plane. One of these days 'pay by the mile' insurance will be available and I will get all of them licensed so I can drive a different car every day

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0406small.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1376