View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #2698 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyDrew View Post
Sounds pretty much right, except that I want the full range of the throttle for each direction (I believe that's on my end of the settings) so that I let of the throttle and it will start to coast going into the corner. I hold the reverse/regen button when I'm ready to slow down and push the throttle (now inverted by the button) to start the regen based on how much throttle I give it. As soon as I let off the button, I'd like forward (maybe require the throttle to be 0 first) How does that sound?
I was not thinking that you would release the throttle before beginning regen braking, but you can do that if you like.

What I was describing does have side effects - if the Reverse button wiring were to short out during a race, worst case you would be going full throttle and switch to full regen braking. Enforcing the release of the throttle between throttle and regen braking would make a shorted Reverse button less of a problem ... but it would still be a problem the next time you went to accelerate!

Do you have a preference on the Reverse button connection? I'd prefer an analog input, and a couple of resistors wired into the button to verify that the button is still connected (4.5V) and not open circuit/disconnected (5V), pressed (0.5V) instead of shorted out wiring (0V).