View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
MightyMirage
EcoModding Lurker

adding air dams to reduce drag

hi everyne, new member and first time poster here.

i read a fair amount before joining up but ive not found a single topic on redirecting air into the hole the car punches thru the air, sucking the car backward.

what i mean is, obviously a negative effect is created by a small suction behind the car, because the car just moved the air out of its way, creating an invisible "parachute" of circulating air, slowing the car down.

now, obviously the first thing to do would be too add aero or whatever modifications can be done too reduce this swirling vortex of gas slurping vacuum, but not everyone can live with a boattail or cam back ect.

has anyone done any real testing on redirecting air from high pressure areas (like wheel openings or under the car) and introducing it directly into the "parachute" of drag, effectively relieving the "suction", and increasing the airs ability to simply flow off the cars roof line or trunk?

please keep in mind, I'm new, but ive read a fair amount. maybe this has been thoroughly discussed, but i have not been able to find it mentioned anywhere.

thanks everyone!

The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirage For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-29-2016)