View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 01:44 AM   #7108 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
March 27 update on my DC controller.

Quick Summary

The controller is up and running, connected to my Warp 9 DC motor, and it rotates the motor clockwise as it should. There is some video, but I don't have it edited yet. I was so excited that I had to post right away (!!)

Details - for anyone who is interested ..

The controller is connected to my pack, reading 124V. I'm doing a manual pre-charge for paranoia's sake right now. There is also an extra gigavac contactor between the M+ output on the controller and the M+ terminal on the motor.

The serial cable that I got with my used cougar controller (that I blew up earlier in my testing) has the pins seated kinda of weird. I had tried this cable on the Cougar and it had not worked out. I straightened the pins and gently worked it onto the serial header on the DC controller board. When I power up the DC controller, it displays 'The Stinky Diaper Controller version 1.0' .. or something like that. It displays at 19200,n,8,1 no handshaking .. just like the Cougar used to.

Enter gets another line printed. Nothing that I type echoes for some reason ... I'll have to look up the commands again. For tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'd like to:
- wire in the throttle better
- get the configuration logged from the controller
- see if I can log data from both controllers at once
- figure out how to log the DC controller data
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (03-28-2016), mrbigh (03-28-2016)