View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #155 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Over the weekend I made a really big move in getting the Centurion back on the road again. This past Thursday I stumbled onto a local Craigslist add for a Triumph GT6 car. The car was in pieces and being offered for $1,200.

This is how the Craigslist ad read

"Body and frame is a 1967 MKI. Engine is a GT6+. Motor has new gaskets,fuel pump,timing chain. Comes with many spare parts. Body needs usual sheet metal work. The floors are out of it but comes with new floor pans inner,middle and outer rocker panels. Rear quarter panel patch panels too. Does not come with a bonnet but I have the bubble out of a GT bonnet that could be grafted into a spitfire bonnet. The rest of car(about 95% complete) came from a 70 GT6 car. Roto flex rear suspension with new donuts. New OEM shocks and new brake calipers. Front suspension has already been rebuilt. Does not come with a set of wheels but it is on a rolling frame. This would be a fun project to bring back to life or good for a spit6 build or for spare parts..This is a project build....If you have the time and skills...The round tail cars are getting harder to come by. Also forgot to mention comes with a rebuilt differential as well."

The part of the add that really interested me was the part about the suspension, brakes and last but not least the rebuilt differential. These parts are all interchangeable between the Spitfire and GT6 cars. My intentions for the Centurion was to purchase all of these parts anyways over the next year and half due to the fact they are not cheap and I am not rich LOL. Triumph parts are not getting any cheaper these days. So I figured at this price and from what the add listed I could sale some of the parts I will not need and make my money back then essentially get all of these parts I needed for free. This would save me a ton of money in the long run.

The guy new he was giving away this basically but did not care because he needed the room to finish up his Spitfire which was the most beautiful Spitfire I had ever seen to date! The paint job on it was a masterpiece to say the least. In the add he said that "The rest of car(about 95% complete)" was misleading in that the 95% come to find out when I got there was virtually either new or rebuilt parts it was pretty unbelievable to be honest. Not only that but all the older used parts that was original on the car was also part of the deal. So basically I had mechanically two sets of everything old and new There was storage racks filled with boxes and boxes of parts for this car. The guy would not part it out it was all or nothing. So I decided to take the plunge. It took me 3 trips with a van and a trailer to get it all back home!

So the good news is I have virtually every part I needed for the Centurion either new or rebuilt to get it rolling again. The bad news is I have no room to put it back together lol So now mission #1 is to spend the next few weeks organizing and building storage racks in the garage to make some kind of sense out of all of these parts as well as create a workable space.

Last edited by GreenHornet; 03-28-2016 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Typo's
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenHornet For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (03-29-2016)