View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #159 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joggernot View Post
You definitely got your $1200 worth with those parts. Excellent find!
Hey Joggernot,

Yes this is turning out to be an extremely good investment. I can't believe all the new parts that are there. The other thing that I was very pleased with was the chassis of the GT6. It had recently been rust proofed and painted white which is exactly the color I had planned to paint the Centurion chassis. So what I have decided to do in order to save time and money I will just modify the GT6 chassis to except the Centurion body shell. This will be very easy to do and when I am done I will then have 2 Centurion chassis. This way I can rust proof the other Centurion chassis as money and time permits. The money I was going to put into rust proofing the Centurion chassis I can now divert else where to either the rear differential rebuild and aluminum upgrade or the carbon fiber driveshaft.

I will get installed the new GT6 front suspension, new GT6 front disc brakes, new steering rack, new 7/8 sway bar, new tie rod ends and new ball joints. I think the only parts up front I am going to purchase will be the tubular adjustable upper wishbones and Trunnionless Front Suspension Kit. I will down the road get the alloy Uprated Front Hub and Stub Axle Kit but for now might as well get some good use out of what I have.

I am still undecided what I want to do on the rear suspension. I am leaning toward the swing spring suspension which did come with my Centurion and is less complex but now I have a new rotoflex setup that came with the GT6 to ponder which does provide a true multilink rear suspension architecture. However the Rotoflex suspension is heavier with more parts and upkeep. I could purchase the expensive CV kit or go with a few other proven junkyard CV designs to cut some of the weight and eliminate upkeep. I think the lightest and least complex setup would be the swing spring but the CV setup would provide the best ride.

To many options to think about which is one reason why I am taking forever on this project
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenHornet For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (03-29-2016)