View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 12:13 AM   #2709 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Do you know where in graphs the regen quits?
I thought it would be obvious .. so maybe the regen didn't 'quit' and I just hit a flat spot on the potentiometer?

Quote:
Could the sudden cutting out of regen when you hit zero RPM be the problem?
I don't think so - the cut-out of the regen when the DC motor just started up was with little current, at the beginning of AC Test 1.

Quote:
Or could the throttle be hitting weird skipping spots?
I think that is what happened. But the control is very aggressive since the scaling on the DC controller is based on a 5K pot with a 100 or 120 degree sweep. I think I want to try out a 48V or 56V pack so that the control is a bit less touchy. I also need to extend the throttle on the DC controller and get it mounted, so that I can adjust both throttles without moving from one location to another ... and see the laptop screen for the speeds and the currents.

It will likely take me until the weekend to get that set up.

Quote:
I don't see anything weird in the above graphs.
I don't see anything weird either. I guess I should have checked that the the raw throttle was tracking my throttle position. I have a better potentiometer - another 20 turn, 10 K unit. Maybe I should get that one mounted.

I don't have the liquid cooling connected yet - I should buy the brass fittings this week.