View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
All the cool cars are in San Fran, how to ship for $250

So I have encountered a variety of people who for whatever reason find a way to get a full size car shipped from san fransisco all the way to across the country for some very cheap price.

In my case I want to ship a little 4'x10' sub 1 ton $500 deralect electric vehicle from there to somewhere near 54476.

The shipper quotes are always over a grand (for a car the size of a golf cart)
Does it really cost a grand to ship 2 4'x4' pallets across the country? I think not.
and the current systems of requesting quotes results in my phone getting hundreds of costly pay as you go text messages and scams.

I LOATH ANYTHING that requires my phone for that reason yet they all do now.
F you uship

Why can't they just bloody post
Date
Cost and F off on sending me a useless text I have to pay for (you know the 5 digit type) while also not providing any usefull info.

Then I could compare their costs without having to talk to the *******s.

Ah well, I hope someone here has a better way. I would love to tug the thing home but my tow vehicle would cost $600 round trip in just gas

Anyone want to load me a hitch for my insight? I could see if a full ton on a trailer brake equipt car hauling device would prevent the insight from going up a mountain. :-)
(I only know of one crazy guy that does that with his insight going to the salt flats with his evs, I don't think I would trust it)

Thanx
Ryan