View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 04:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
My 1994 (7-93 prod date) VX (long gone) was totalled in 1995-6. I bought it that way in 2008, with 27,485 miles and had it shipped from Ohio to my friends body shop in VA. Original tires, even original wiper blades. It had been stored inside and used to train insurance adjusters. Hit hard in the rear end, hard enough to have the right rear wheel camber at about -15 degrees (no typo). After we pulled and aligned everything, I never even checked the alignment. It even ran decent on the gas that had probably been sitting for 15 years. Original tires, not even badly dry rotted. I drove it on them for another 10k miles.

That VX would pull from 30 mph and 1k rpm. It was soo tall geared, I calculated at redline it would be doing 120 mph IN 3RD GEAR!

I think the gear ratios were the same but the final drive was much taller than the DX.

Best mileage I ever got was early summer 2008. 64 mph and 68 mpg for 300 miles.

Look at the top 2 cars in the gas car fuel log and follow their build threads to get the best possible combination of mods.

I know you posted that climbing hills was when you had a lot of fan activity. Maybe you could tie a grille block to the fan operation activity and make it so it opens when you need it and closes when you don't. Best of both worlds.

regards
mech

Last edited by user removed; 04-03-2016 at 11:13 PM..