View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Shepherd777
Grand Imperial Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Looking forward to more... when you can.
Hi Darin - Yes sir, I'll do as much as I can. When it's released to the public I can do some build posts and images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Your truck is more aerodynamic than many production cars?! Is it me or is that a more significant achievement than some Nobel science prize winners?
Thanks for the kind words, Xist. But I'm just an old truck driver, and I, in no way, would compare myself to a Nobel Prize winner. I really don't think that Cd number is that significant. We are just scaling-up what we all know works on motor vehicles. I mean, obviously we have more frontal area by about an acre than a Prius. But yes, we do have that low Cd. And my aerodynamicist's day job is with Honda Motors in Torrance. So that number is dead-nuts accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Do you know what a typical tractor and trailer's cd is?
Hi Tim. There are a lot of disparate tractor shapes, as you know. They go from coffin-square hoods and flat bumpers, to somewhat rounded "aero" tractors. But I believe the average is around .065 Cd for a tractor and a dry van trailer in 2016. We treat our tractor trailer as one integrated, as seamless as possible, aerodynamic unit.

http://www.airflowtruck.com

Last edited by Shepherd777; 04-07-2016 at 04:48 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shepherd777 For This Useful Post:
Daox (04-07-2016), MetroMPG (04-08-2016), NeilBlanchard (04-08-2016), user removed (04-14-2016)