View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I believe I have read the magnesium oil pan is prone to stripping, so everyone recommends a quick valve.
Ah, yes! I have one of those in my Amazon cart. Gotta see how things look this weekend before pulling the trigger... never know what I'll find!

Ran the blink codes now that it's gotten a few miles on it...
CEL - 67, 69
IMA - 58, 66, 78
EPS - 16, 23
ABS - 61

Seems I need to look into the cat... that's concerning. I kinda figured the power steering wasn't working quite right, but I'm used to my Neon with none, so it hasn't been a big issue.

I also noticed that the ground straps are looking pretty beat. About 50% of the cable is in tact on the terminal ends, so I'll be rebuilding them tomorrow.

Finally, I figured I'd check the internal air box. I had to look up directions on this as I hit a chunk of plastic attached to the dash and it seemed it had marks to cut it out... 180k miles and the airbox filter was never changed! Oh man, so much stuff was packed in that filter. Both sides were black. Dead bugs and anything that can float in the air or grow on a tree was pretty much stuffed in the filter veins! HA!

Last edited by NoD~; 04-08-2016 at 11:39 PM..