View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post

Related, for all our drivers - Re. Turn 1: I strongly recommend you arrive at the end of the preceding straightaway over at the far left of the available roadway. Turn right so you cut across the inner corner of the right hand turn. Of course you can only do that if there's nobody on your right. You must check for that carefully.

Then when past the inner corner, continue on that path so you end up in a middle or left lane as you leave the turn. This path makes the turn much more gentle - that is, a larger radius. Otherwise it would be a very tight corner and will give you trouble unless going very slow.

I prefer the driving line, but it seems many professionals succeed with the late apex. For some parts of the track I was using the longest route possible to extend miles traveled (EOC), but it seemed that FC was less by clipping the apex and maintaining higher speed out of the turn. Specifically, turn 5 (the outer loop) (short circuit, for newcomers).

I'm very excited, but my car was supposed to be finished this past Wednesday. Now I am relying on everything being completed the Wednesday morning before, so don't expect it to be painted, or to 100% stay on...I'm not ruining my lap time to pick up pieces and parts!

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.