View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 07:53 AM   #49 (permalink)
debit.servus
EcoModding Lurker

How can I faraday the 2001 FORD with it's computers, OBD and electronic fuel injection so those electronics won't fry when the inevitable EMP happens? Also, what critical and subcritical electronics-related special-to-the-FORD spare parts should I acquire and how many multiples to put in that EMP shielded spare parts box?

And yes I know if I am going to live through the post EMP world I will need to be self-reliant and off the grid; with the means and skill to defend my stuff from marauders. The skills and tools to grow my own food, collect my own clean water, build and maintain my own shelter, handle injuries and medical problems, fix my own machines, and defend my own land. More important than keeping a computer controlled van on the road in a world with no fuel supply chain. I say if I am going to live through because; if I do not have boy love now in the good times, what is the point to live through the bad times without love????

Even if no EMP happens, I still have spare FORD electronics parts if/when some electronic piece decides to die when I am 50 miles out of Inuvik and the spare part is on a 2 weeks backorder at a warehouse in Texas.

Any takers for the 1986 DODGE B250 "Mechanics Special" extended bubble-top van? This is a great rig for the mechanically inclined looking for a small mobile cave to live in (I say "small mobile cave" because when I first got it, going around town & behind the wheel in the cab I would think about the rear space behind me and thought "I'm driving a cave!")
Here is a page that tells all on the DODGE: 1986 Dodge B-250 extended bubble-top van for an unconventional guy