Thread: #StreetFocus
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
MisterMundane
EcoModding Lurker

#StreetFocus - '08 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 33.85 mpg (US)
So, basic plans right now are the typical things. Wheels, lower, tint, etc.

I do have a set of 17" SES wheels that I ran on my old focus, a ZX3. So those will be swapped over to the 2008 once the weather stops being mean. I keep waking up to snow and icy highways so the steelies and winter tires are staying on for now. Forecast looks good, should be on the 17's soon! Have plans to powdercoat them a bronzy/brown color, as the paint is peeling and it has more than a few rock ships.

Lpowering springs will hopefully be picked up this week, local guy has a set of eibach pro springs and swaybars for an 06-07. So i'll pick those up if we can agree o na rpice, then i'll have to get some 06-07 top hats from rockauto and ocne those come in, springs will go on!

tint, Legal limits here are 35% backs, 50% fronts. So that's likely what I'll be doing. Don't want to go too dark although 35% all around would be nice.

as for exhaust, I'm not sure which route I'll go, if anything. I do want a bit more noise, but don't want to go crazy.

I will be stealing the projectors from my zx3 to do a retrofit in this car eventually, once I can get a second set of lights for this car. And, I have an idea to make the taillights look 100X better, more on that later! Oh, and chrome. It's going bye bye, have some plasti dip to take care of all that ugly chrome.

that's about it for plans right now. I know some planned mods don't really effect MPG, and some will hurt it a bit (the 17's) but I want this thing to look half decent as well.

once I get the ultragauge in I can keep a better log of which mods effect what. Intake may change as well, undecided as of right now,.