View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
iwcham1979
EcoModding Lurker

Hi guys. Udate on the situation. On my way to a Skoda dealer. when i started to accelerate on the freeway, the car went like a little beast, all fine, 140-150km/h a joke, but only for a brief 30sec, then decreased speed to 120km/h. the mechanic took a look, fiddled with a little clamp thingy near the turbo, said it moves with difficulty, blew with his mouth into a tiny hose, said it is clogged, so the turbo needs to be taken out and looked at. As for the pressure accumulator, he said it is good to replace it, and also the hoses resealed because there might be a leak as well. He said the hydraulic oil was at min and topped up with steering wheel servo oil. On my way home, the car was horrible, nmax speed 100km/h, struggled in 4th, changed to fifth, than back to fourth, then went to neutral kind of, with the stick in D mode. No response from gas pedal. I stopped on the yellow lane, switched off the car, switched on and i started to shift... When i came back home, i opened the hood. Somehow, the oil the the mechanic had topped owerflowed somewhat even though the cap was tightened, and greased and sprinkled close by. I have now driven some 10 extra-urban km, and it shifts fine.... I am totally confused now...