Thread: #StreetFocus
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
MisterMundane
EcoModding Lurker

#StreetFocus - '08 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 33.85 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Why do you wanna get rid of the chrome? Anyway, what are you going to do to keep the undercarriage more protected against rust?
Getting rid of the chrome because I hate chrome haha. It's ugly IMO. On certain things it works, but not on my car imo. undercarriage will get the typical undercoating I do on all my vehicles, in the areas required, It's a rubberized coating. have used it on my truck with great results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
Certain trim levels came with blacked out grill and black headlights. If you want to keep looking completely stock (and since you're thinking about headlight retrofit) it might be a good option. If you remove your grill for dipping or buy a black one I'd do block on the back to close up the air coming in the upper grill while your at it. As you know, these cars dont have real temp gauges so an auxiliary gauge like the ultra gauge is best to have before modding the cooling system for better aero.

Can't wait to see how the old and new cars compare.
yeah, there were a few trim levels that have a "black chrome" grill. I may try and track one down. Till then, Plastidip will work. As for the lights, I'll be retrofitting projectors into them, and painting the chrome at the same time.

Also have an ultraguage in my current car that will be going into this car when I can figure out a mounting solution! so temp gauge will be there soon. aero mods like grill blocking will follow.