View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 04:35 PM   #79 (permalink)
Bense
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Stupid question.

What type of size/spline count does the original honda insight 5mt transmission have?

20 splines ? What diameter?

Ditto the daihatsu charade.

I am thinking very strongly of dropping the transmission into my fathers miles zx40, dimensions are SCARILY similar in a few odd places but I have no desire to pull it all apart to test the halfshafts and input.

I wonder though if the transmission would survive tilted up a bit, too many things line up per eyeball guage in weird ways.

My thought is the daihatsu charade is a 18 spline and smaller (or maybe I am wrong), so the electric motor might be possible to love joy in there with a simple adapter to fit the smaller spline into the larger one, or maybe I am nuts.

Anyone have any ideas where to find exact specs of the Daihatsu and the Insight?

A couple adapters to make my fathers car shiftable with a deralect XMSN I will never use would be terrific.

Thanx
Ryan
Aside from the obvious method of physically inspecting the parts while they're in front of you, the database that you'd want to start with is a company that specializes in manufacturing clutch discs.

Aside from that, the inner diameter of the input shaft bearing has to be larger than the outer (major) diameter of the mainshafts' spline.

If you're measuring the ID of a church disc as 24mm, and if the ID of the input shaft bearing (ISB) is 22mm, then it ain't gon' work.