Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #58 (permalink)
madodel
Model X Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
The Bolt EV will not have the runaway success that the Model 3 has, but I think it will sell pretty well. It will be first on the market, and it has a hatch, and it will fit taller people than will the Model 3.

I agree that GM should invest in building a quick charging system - that is their mistake.
I'm sure there will be demand, but will the dealers bother to stock them and push them? I remember when I went to Toyota dealers to buy my Highlander Hybrid 8 years ago. They all tried to talk me into a regular Highlander, and that was when gas was $4+ a gallon. And they insisted it had the same 4 cylinder motor and hybrid system as the Prius. They were clueless about their own product that I knew more about than they did. Maybe GM will do it right but I seriously doubt it. The dealer network is an albatross and they are all too invested in selling gas hogs. I see a lot of people who have bought Leafs and I3s to pass the time waiting for the real deal, the Model Ξ so I'm sure a lot of people will buy a Bolt to pass the time as well. :-) Maybe GM will partner with Tesla on the SuperChargers. That would be a big boost for the Bolt.