View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #151 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Freebeard,
First and foremost I need to check my tire pressures. I also am planning on removing my side step/rock sliders to save weight. Toyota has decided to finally recall/replace my rear leaf springs so the sliders will have to be off for them to do that. The new springs will probably sit the back of the truck up higher, increasing the rake, so I will see what that does. I won’t start another big project on this truck in the near future, too many other things to finish.

So this tank was less than ideal due in part to this tank being rather different than my usual routine in terms of stop and go, windy slow side roads, and interstate. By less than ideal I mean 8.4% improved over baseline. That said, I am not cherry picking tanks to artificially inflate the benefit, so with tank three included I now show the rolling average at a 9.655% improvement.

Another side note, as I was testing the truck in the wind tunnel (highway) this morning, it suddenly started pouring down rain. I was driving with my cruise at 55MPH, and noticed that the windows on my shell remained perfectly dry for about four minutes driving through moderately heavy rain. The speed limit dropped to 45 MPH, and about that time water started trickling down the window (not hitting the window). I am assuming this is good, and means the flow is staying attached?

The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-22-2016)